Believe it or not, I started this blog exactly 12 months ago! I remember I was on Spring break and sort of looking for something to do and on a whim, decided to start a blog. I was already writing book reviews on Goodreads but also felt like I wanted to write about more which is sort of why I decided to start it.
But I’ve had so much fun writing on this blog and it’s almost like a stress reliever or an escape 😉 If you were here from day one or your new to my blog, I just wanted to say thanks for reading and your comments always make my day ❤
My blog has definetly changed since I started it and I’ve sort of been experimenting around with it for a while. It also took me time to figure out a proper schedule for posting but you know, life happens and I get busy but I do try hard to post once a week.
In honour of my blogs first birthday, I decided to revamp one of my first posts in which I listed my top 15 ya books. I’ve decided to change broaden it a little to cover books that aren’t just ya because I also read some really great classics this past year.
Also, just a disclaimer, the list is not in any particular order, they are just my top 15 books overall because putting them in order would be 10 million times more stressful. I also don’t think I could possibly choose just one favourite book because I am extremely indecisive.
OKAY, ONE LAST THING… I just wanted to add that I’m not actually going to mention Harry Potter in this list because those books are like the true foundation of my life and couldn’t possibly even rank on any list because they are just so precious.
O R I G I N A L L I S T
15. The Cruel Prince – Holly Black
14. The Hate U Give – Angie Thomas
13. Thunderhead – Neal Shusterman
12. Simon Vs. The Homo Sapiens Agenda – Becky Albertalli
11. Turtle’s all the way Down – John Green
10. Strange the Dreamer – Laini Taylor
9. Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy – Cassandra Clare
8. Clockwork Princess – Cassandra Clare
7. A Court of Mist and Fury – Sarah J. Maas
6. The Book Thief – Markus Zusak
5. City of Heavenly Fire – Cassandra Clare
4. Empire of Storms – Sarah J. Maas
3. A Gentleman’s Guide to Vice and Virtue – Mackenzi Lee
2. Crooked Kingdom – Leigh Bardugo
1. Lady Midnight – Cassandra Clare
N E W L I S T
15. Foolish Hearts – Emma Mills
14. To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before – Jenny Han
13. Strange the Dreamer – Laini Taylor
12. Pride and Prejudice – Jane Austen
11. Tiger Lily – Jodi Lyn Anderson
10. The Great Gatsby – F. Scott Fitzgerald
9. The Wicked King – Holly Black
8. The Book Theif – Markus Zusak
7. Lady Midnight – Cassandra Clare
6. Thunderhead – Neal Shusterman
5. Clockwork Prince – Cassandra Clare
4. Crooked Kingdom – Leigh Bardugo
3. The Gentleman’s Guide to Vice and Virtue – Mackenzi Lee
2. Blue Lily, Lily Blue – Maggie Stiefvater
1. Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda – Becky Albertalli
That was actually so much harder than I thought it would be. There are definetly some books here that I’m still thinking about but there are also so many more that I wish could be on this list.
But we can definetly see that some books were bumped off the list and some stayed. I also read so many amazing books this past year so they definetly got added. I mean, a majority of the books are the same but I bet in a years time, things will be even more different.
In conclusion, I just want to thank you for being here and reading my posts. I never thought I would actually be the owner of a blog yet, here I am. This year has been so much fun and I can’t wait for even more years of reading and ranting 😊💖💗
Feel free to chat with me anytime. Do you have a blog? When did you start it?